Last night, I cooked burgers and fries for dinner. The kids enjoyed it, because (like most kids!) they love burgers and fries. I was happy because it was a healthier version of the classic kid meal. The burgers were turkey burgers and the fries were oven-baked sweet potato fries.
Since I am working as part of the “Love Your Veggies” Hidden Valley Parent Panel, I wanted to incorporate ranch dressing into the recipe. While you can make the sweet potato fries without the ranch seasoning mix, I think that it gives the fries a special, tangy “kick”. I will admit that I had to test the sweet potato fries several times before getting them to the “Oh, we need to have these again soon!” (Sean’s commentary) level. I was the only one who ate the “taste test” batches though. What can I say? “My guys” are tough critics. In any event, enjoy this simple recipe that the pickiest of eaters will devour!
Simple Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Yield: 4 servings
· ½ envelope Hidden Valley® Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix
· 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ¼ inch sticks
· Olive oil no-stick cooking spray
· Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Coat a baking sheet with the cooking spray. Place a layer of sweet potatoes on the sheet.
- Coat the potatoes with the cooking spray. Sprinkle salt, pepper and half of the Hidden Valley seasoning mix on top of the potatoes. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn the potatoes over. Repeat Step 3, but this time the potatoes will only need to bake for 10 minutes. (Coat the potatoes with the cooking spray. Sprinkle salt, pepper and the other half of the Hidden Valley seasoning mix on top of the potatoes. Bake for 10 minutes.) Remove the fries from the oven and enjoy.